Tuesday, September 02, 2014

First day of 2nd grade

Every 6 months is good enough for a post right?  I thought so.  I wish I had more time :-(  I want to write about all the things we've done but it's so overwhelming.  We went to Water Country a few times, went to Boston Public Garden with Nana, Auntie, Auntie Karen, Jackie, Nicky, Sophie, and Jill met us there, visited Lily on the Cape at her vacation house, the beach a few times (with Gia, Melanie, Auntie, and the kids went with Nana a couple times without me), Gia's pool twice, Uncle Matt's pool once, Visited Adele in Maine with her 3 month old twin boys, York with my mom, the zoo with my parents without me, all capped off by a week long stay at Children's Hospital for Madison (which obviously deserves a post of its own but for now she's fine).  I'm sure we did more than that but that's just what I saw glancing at my calendar and details on all of this would be fantastic too but I'm not holding my breath.

Off to edit 1800 pictures now!




6 comments:

K J and the kids said...

So cute !
I want to know how you get the background so blurry with your subjects super clear ??

Kerry Lynn said...

It's all in the lens :-) Non variable low aperture. I'll explain more if you want but I don't want to tell you stuff you already know.

K J and the kids said...

I don't know ANYTHING ! Your pictures are always gorgeous. It doesn't hurt to have the cutest subjects though. :-)

K J and the kids said...

I don't know ANYTHING ! Your pictures are always gorgeous. It doesn't hurt to have the cutest subjects though. :-)

Kerry Lynn said...

If you have a DSLR it helps to have a lens that has a 2.8 or lower aperture and one that doesn't change when you zoom in and out (non-variable). Some of them are pretty expensive but you can get a 50mm 1.8 for around $120 and that will give sick background blur (but you can zoom in and out with it)

If you have a point and shoot my tip is to zoom all the way in then physically back yourself up until you can fit the subjects into the frame.

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

Lovely photos, as usual. I'm like a broken record, but I can't believe our babies have grown so much! Hope they have a great 2nd grade year!